We have been wanting to do a sister trip with our husbands and no kids (except for 4 month old Casey bugs, of course) forever! So, we were so excited that we were able to work it out for the first time since we have all been married and have kids. Vegas is about the half way point between AZ and UT, so what better place to meet up than Vegas baby!!! Ben and I were so thankful that Grandma Bryner (Annette) and Uncle Tom were able to fly in from UT and watch our boys for the weekend. The boys couldn't wait for us to leave so they could play with Grandma and Tom:)
Uncle Tom built the boys forts, rode bikes, played the Wii, and...
swam twice a day with them! So did Grandma!
The boys were in heaven! Thank you so much Annette and Tom! We love you!
So, off we went Thursday night! Myself, Ben, Jen, and baby Casen flew together and met up with Matt (who drove from Yuma) later that night. Julie and Chris were meeting up with us Friday. We were so excited to be all together and play! I adore my sisters and love their husbands so much:) We obviously don't drink and gamble so people must wonder, why go to Vegas? We go for the amazing shopping, food, shows, and did I say the FOOD?!? Our trip pretty much turned into a tour of restaurants and of course, with Jen in tow, it was a conquest for amazing treats! We did not go home hungry or unsatisfied, and I think we all went home a little heavier:)
The first place that we hit up was, of course, Serendipity to get our treat fix and it did not disappoint!!! Next we went to check out our hotel. We stayed at the the Palazzo, which was the most amazing 5 star hotel Priceline deal we have ever landed! It was beautiful there and perfectly located across the street from the Fashion Show Mall:)
Here's our room with my dorky husband that I love very much, posing:)
Ben was overly excited about the All-In-One Brother printer in our room. It made him less home sick for his at home and made working a little bit on the trip that much easier.
Sisters in the Palazzo lobby:)
One of the delicious restaurants that we ate at was Strip Steak at Mandalay Bay.
Here is my Caesar salad? Yes, that is an anchovie! Who knew they are a key ingredient to an authentic Caesar salad...not me! Yuck! Benny wouldn't even eat it and he is a garbage disposal!
I love this pic of us together:)
Casen is such a sweet little chunker! He is such a dream baby! Love him:)
Yay! Julie and Chris have arrived!!!
Sistas forever! I love my sisters so much:)
I also, of course, love my amazing hubby:)
We had soooo much fun all together! Me, Jen, and Ju were so happy to get a chance to "dance like no one was watching" while the Palazzo house band jammed their best 80's hits! We were complete dorks, but we had so much fun without a care in the world being dorks together:) I really feel like this trip happened for a reason. It allowed us to spend some amazing quality time together before life was about to change forever. I am so thankful that we are an eternal family and are there for each other through thick and thin no matter what. It is amazing to see Heavenly Father's hand in all of the events that have lead up to Jen's brain tumor diagnosis. I LOVE looking at these pictures of us together and so happy, especially Jen. I know we will have many more of these trips and happy times together in the future. I can't wait! I have all the faith in the world that Jen will make it through this trial stronger and happier than ever! We have been through the hardest of times together as little girls and I know we will make it through this. We are so thankful for all of the support of our entire family, friends, Stake, and community! The out pour of love for Jen and her family is humbling, overwhelming, and oh so amazing! Together we can fight this! As soon as Jen is in remission, I am envisioning all of our families on the beach in Oahu at Turtle Bay having the time of our lives!:)
1 comment:
That looks like such a fun trip! I'm so glad you all got to go before everything that has happened. I pray often for Jen(and for you) and know that she is going to conquer this thing!
Post a Comment