
Today is my older sister's (Jen) Birthday!!! As many of you know, I am extremely close with my sisters...they are my best friends! However, Jen is not only my sister/best friend, she is a mother figure to me. Since my mom passed away in 1996, Jen has always served as that motherly presence in my life. She is always there for me no matter what the situation and I know that I can always count on her for advice, comfort, laughter...you name it and she is there.
Now that I am a mother myself, I have grown a greater respect for my sister and all that she does for her three little boys (4, 2, and 3 months). She is an amazing mother and she teaches me so much everyday. I hope to be a mother just like her and our own mom someday:)
Jen also is an incredible wife and homemaker. She is always on top of everything: cooking, cleaning, date night, working out, fun activities for the kids, family home evening, church activities, etc., etc. I don't know how she has time in one day to accomplish all of her many tasks, but she seems to pull it off day after day. When I was in pharmacy school, I always looked forward to taking a break from studying to call Jen and hear about her day with her kids and all the things she had to do that day. I couldn't wait to be a stay-at-home mom like her someday and now that I am, I try not to take it for granted and to make each day meaningful and thank my lucky stars that I can be home with my sweet little Logan.

Jen is such a good example to me in so many ways and I feel so blessed to have her in my life:) Jen, I hope that you have a wonderful Birthday and I want you to know how thankful I am for all that you do for me and the person that you are. I love you!
13 comments:
Amen to everything you said. I am so grateful for Jen too. I have really grown to love her over the years! She is a great example and is so good at everything she puts her mind to. I hope her birthday is great!
Love, Mer
Thanks sister! What a nice post, you are so good to me :). I love you!
That was such a neat tribute to Jen. She is an amazing woman and I hope that she has an amazing B-Day!
Love you Jess!
That was so sweet! Jen is so amazing! What a nice birthday tribute!
What a nice post for Jen, I know that she really appreciates it! Miss you all!
awwwe.... i love jen too! Happy Birthday Jen!! You look so pretty in all those pictures :)
What a sweet sis you are! Happy late birthday to Jen! Im glad she has been such a great sister-role model in your life! Im sure you made her teary when reading that.
You guys are so pretty! It's great to have sisters!
That is the sweetest tribute EVER. What a great family you have.
I have to comment again on that cute pic of you and Jen when you were little. That is one of the cutest photos I have ever seen!
Love, Marie
That is such a cute post Jess! I remember when we were growing up I always thought Jen was so amazing because she was a cheerleader and always had such cute clothes. Happy Birthday Jen!
Hey Jess!
That was such nice post about Jen, she really is amazing and I miss her tons.
Linsey (Okubo) Sorensen
Post a Comment