Saturday, May 24, 2008

It Has Been 3 Amazing Years & 16 Years Since...

As the title says, it has been 3 amazing years of marriage! This Wednesday, May 21st, Ben and I celebrated our Anniversary. I can't believe it has only been 3 years because I feel like I have known him my entire life!

Ben, I just want you to know how much I love you and that you are my best friend, comfort, and strength. I am looking forward to many years of celebrating our anniversary and to all of the other joys that life has to offer. You are my eternal companion and I couldn't ask for more! Love you:)

Now that I am done sounding like a Hallmark card, here are some fun pictures from our wedding!






Now for the 2nd part of my post...16 years since...I CUT MY HAIR!!! I know, this is a big and dramatic change for me, considering I haven't cut my hair since I was 10!!!

I don't know if many of you mothers have had a similar experience, but giving birth did quite a number on my hair (ie: hair falling out in handfuls on my pillow, in the shower, etc., and an emerging frizzy/coarse texture) and it hasn't been the same since. Also, between Logan pulling on it constantly, stray hairs wrapping around his little body parts, and wearing it pulled back in a not so cute bun/blob thing 6 out of 7 days a week...I decided I was so over having long hair!!!

So, last Saturday, I went to the salon and said, "chop it!" and that is exactly what she did! I donated my ~12 inches of hair to "Locks of Love" and honestly, I did not and have not shed one tear since the day of my chopping! I actually, am really enjoying my new do even though I don't think that it looks all that great, but boy does is feel great!!!

Here are the before and after shots. Please be forgiving because I still do not have a clue on how to do short hair!!!

Before (hideous, I know. Why didn't anyone tell me?)

After (much better, but definitely needs some work)

Here we are just about to go out to dinner for our anniversary and that round brush technique that the hair stylist taught me takes way too much coordination! So, my hair is looking a little flat, but I am still learning:)

25 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE YOUR HAIR!! LOVE IT! It's stylish :) Welcome to round brush hell though. I can say that becuase Ive been doing it my entire life!! Congratualations to you and Ben on your 3 year anniversary. You two are the cutest.

xoxo-

Suzy

Anonymous said...

My mom loves your hair too! :)

Suz

Lac said...

Oh my gosh Jess! I love your hair! I cannot believe that you cut it. It looks so great! It's so different because I along with everyone else, have never seen you with short hair. It definitely suits you!!! Congrats on the Anniversary! You two are fabulous together. I like him just for the great things he has written about you in the past!!

Unknown said...

First...love, love, LOVE the short hair! You look so good!

Your wedding pics are gorgeous! Justin and I just celebrated our 6th anniversary on the 24th. It's crazy how fast time flies!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your 3rd anniversary. Time flies when you are having fun, doesn't it? We love you two!
We love your hair Jess! It is "way cute" as Katie would say. When you get the round brush method figured out you can teach it to me. I too lack the coordination it takes to be a successful round-brusher.
Mom Bryner

Nat and Jordy said...

I LOVE it, I LOVE it, I LOVE it! Your hair looks amazing and it fits you so well! You look stunning and congrats on your three years of marriage to one hell of a guy! I love Ben!

I miss you and I'm bummed your not coming to Vegas (but I understand). We need to play when you come to SLC in July.

XOXO

GlemserFamily said...

I LOVED the wedding pics--looks like you had a dream wedding!! Ü

Your hair is SO cute short. And, I can't do the round brush thing on my hair either. At Target and Ulta, they have blow dryers with a brush attachment, so you can do it one-handed. It's awesome!!

The Bonham Family said...

Jess- I absoutley love it! It makes you looks like even a sexier mommy! I bet it feels so good to have it shorter. I think you look beautiful.

Anonymous said...

Love the hair! You do long and short hair very well. Not a lot of people can say that.(Including myself!) Congrats on a wonderful marriage. You are a great family!
Love, Mer

Unknown said...

Your hair looks GREAT! I did the same thing. I hadn't been growing it out for 16 years, but about 5, and I chopped it all off about a year ago. I miss my long hair, I am already trying to grow it out. I forgot it took me like 4 years to get it long in the first place, so I guess I have a few more years to go! Happy Anniversary!

The Thurber's said...

I LOVE your haircut! It is so cute and you look so pretty. You also look so thin!
Congratulations on three years!

Ashlie said...

Oh my gosh Jess! I absolutely love your hair. I know we have had this conversation a million times, but I remember the first time you chopped it off because I thought it was soooo cute. Remember when I used to try to tie your hair under your chin? Anyway..you look beautiful and congrats on the 3 years. Ours is coming up in June. Love ya!

..::k.toms::.. said...

Ok, so you know I'm a fan of long hair right? YOU MAKE ME WANT TO CUT MY HAIR WAY SHORT NOW!!!!!
I cut mine about a year ago- not THAT short, but short enough for it be called "short".
Seriously- I LOVE YOUR HAIR! It looks SO cute!
And congrats on your 3rd year!

Sorensen Family said...

Hey Jess,

I just love your hair, it looks so cute! I haven't ever seen your hair that short. CUTE!

Linsey (Okubo) Sorensen

JR and Brynn said...

Jess, you sure made a gorgeous bride! I LOVE LOVE LOVE your haircut. Isn't a change great after having a baby? It looks fantastic on you. It really brightens your whole face and it makes you look younger. You are so gorgeous! I hope you love it too.

Scott said...

I am so glad you went through with cutting your hair, it looks so good on you! Happy Anniversary by the way! You guys are so great for eachother!

The Ottosen Family said...

Jess, I love the your hair short and Happy Anniversary! That's so exciting.
If you end up coming into town, I would love to cut your hair, but I really do like it short. It just changes your entire face! You look so much younger, hip, SASSY and sexy! Way to go... I'm way proud of you!

The Ottosen Family said...

Ps... Why do you think my hair is so short. I cut my hair with Jeremy and I've never been able to grow it since... I LOVE SHORT HAIR!

Aly said...

You look beautiful!! You hair is gorgeous. I love it short. Had it really been 16 years since you cut it? You're such a babe! Your wedding pictures are amazing by the way! Congrats on your 3 years of marriage. he seems like a wonderful guy!

ps. Thanks for the info on Ben's job. thanks for thinking of us.
aly

Unknown said...

I LOVE your hair (you already know I do) and now I want to cut mine. Hopefully I gain the courage to do so :)!

It does seem like you and Ben have been married longer than 3 years. We love you guys so much and couldn't imagine a more perfect couple!!

Lindi said...

Jess...your hair looks AMAZING!! I love it short. And congrats on three years of marriage. You were one gorgeous bride!

Anonymous said...

Hi Jess!
I LOVE your hair. ( I was nervous when I cut mine!) Here's a tip. Get a flat iron Flip it in or flip it out. I hope you had a WONDERFUL anneverseiry.
Love,
Jocey

Lindsey Harman said...

Your wedding pictures are GORGEOUS!! And I LOVE the new cut!! It looks SO great on you. I love it when people come to me with long hair and tell me to chop it off. You look great!!

Bonnie said...

I totally forgot to tell you how stinking cute your hair is. I LOVE it! I never thought you could be cuter-but that cut is darling.

Anonymous said...

holy cow!!! I FREAKIN LOVE YOUR HAIR JESS. you look super hot. ben is a lucky dude. i just got off the phone with ben and since i started to blog you will have to look us up. its newlywoods.blogspot.com

love crystalyn