This Tuesday thru Thursday, Suzy came to visit and escape from the cold UT weather. We spent the time shopping, going out to eat, talking, vegging out and watching our favorite shows, talking, talking, and some more talking! It was so much fun, but I felt bad because Logan and I were sick (I had a cold and Logan had an ear infection). However, there is no better medicine than spending time with a good friend (and some Amoxicillin for my little Logi's infection:))!
Sorry this picture is so blurry...this was actually the best one that I took! Ben, I need a new camera:)

It was so great to see Suzy and we were sad to see her go:( Suzy, thank you so much for visiting and please come again soon...we love visitors!
Also, this week we did something a little bit out of the ordinary especially for me...we went HIKING! For those of you that know me well, you know that hiking is not my cup of tea. I love the exercise, fresh air, beautiful scenery, but I absolutely hate the fact that there are living creatures scurrying all around me as I tread through their natural habitats. The #1 predator that I fear is the ever dreaded SNAKE, which has been and will forever be my biggest fear in life!
So you may be wondering how Ben, Clark (Ben's brother), and Lindsay (Clark's wife) were able to convince me to face my fear...well, I am not quite sure myself, but I think I mainly agreed to it for Logan because I knew he would love it. So bracing myself in prepartion to face my fears, we woke up early Saturday morning and headed out to Picacho Peak, which is located somewhere between Phoenix and Tucson.

According to Clark and Lindsay, the "Hunter Trail" (2.1 miles) was a good starting out trail for not so seasoned hikers, like myself, and for Logan. So we ventured out with Logan strapped to Ben in a little carrier while I was trying to think of the most positive thoughts possible. The first of the trail wasn't bad, but as we proceeded up the mountain the trail became rather steep, rocky, and quite physically challenging (my thighs were burning...great workout)!
Logan was loving every minute of the trip up, but as soon as we got almost near the top, he started to have a complete meltdown and we made the unforgivable mistake of forgetting his bink. So Clark and Lindsay decided to finish the hike up to the top while we started to flee from the sticky situation as quickly as we possibly could. Luckily, Logan only cried half of the way down and we were actually able to enjoy our hike from there on out.

The hike was very challenging, to say the least, and I think it was Ben, Clark, and Lindsay's evil plan to distract me (with a very challenging hike) from even thinking about seeing a snake and...their plan worked! Honestly, I enjoyed the experience and I was too busy sweating like crazy and making sure that Logan was okay to think about WHAT is out there. I really would like to do it again, but I don't know if their trick will work again;) Thanks Clark and Lindsay for dragging me out there:)

Even though we had a lot of fun, Logan was excited to get back to the car and to his bink!
14 comments:
How fun for Suz to come and visit... what a good friend! I'm half tempted to come myself, did you know it's snowing here again?! So sick of the snow, I'm going nuts. I'm so jealous you got to get out and go hiking! I would love that right about now. So fun that Logan enjoyed it too! It's always a gamble whether or not kids are going to like whatever outing you plan. I remember getting all excited about something, planning it and getting there only to have the whiniest kids ever!! So lucky for you, you have a trooper!!!
Lacie
Jess- Im so glad Suzy was able to make it out there to play! It sounds like you guy's had alot of fun! I wish so bad I could fly somewhere but I guess the Doc is right! Stick close to home! Hiking kicks your butt! One of the best workouts. Im glad little Logan did good. I also hate ear infections for the little one's. Caden had tubes by the time he was 6 months old and they just fell out last week! Love ya Hope your doing good. When are you coming up next?
I had such a good time at the "spa" :) I will definitely will becoming back to visit! Good job for going on the hike Jess, you're a trooper. Thanks for the wonderful hospitality and company. It was great to see everyone. Love you lots!
Suzy
I'm so jealous that Suzy got a break from the stinkin' cold. It's been snowing all weekend and I have to tell you... I'm over the cold. I would LOVE to do your hair anytime!
Nat
How fun to have a friend come and visit! It sounded like a blast!
Way to go on the hike! I, too, don't like the thought of creatures scurrying all around me - yikes! But it sounds like you were a trooper and it really payed off!
That is one HOT visiter you had!
Suz looks great!
And so do YOU, you hot mama! Jess, I can't believe how TINY you are!
I love that last pic of Logan- those eyes tell you how big his smile is behind that bink!
He is so cute!
And yes, you can TOTALLY join in on the book club fun!
Now get reading The Other Boleyn Girl- 700 PAGES! Yikes!
I absolutely love the picture of Logan drinking from Ben's camelpack. How cute is that! Suzy is such an amazing friend and so much fun to be around. I can picture the two of you together. When we were younger I used to think it was so weird that you and Suzy ate so much white rice and butter. That is the first thing that came to mind when you talked about the two of you hanging out. Hopefully you got my e-mail about the book club. We would love for you to join us. Love ya!
Oh so much fun that Suz came to visit. I bet you guys had so much fun together. I am jealous of a girls weekend! I hope that you guys danced together, and I hope even more that you pulled out the famous "whoomp there it is dance" I would give anything to see that one again. :) I am proud of you for going hiking. I would have needed a lot of talking into on that one as well. Darling pictures. That little Logan is such a doll!!
PS...I am so happy you finished Lost! I don't know if I would be able to wait for the 4th season on DVD. But is there a way to watch them online? But if you cant get caught up I wouldn't just start. It's so good baby!
We have been talking and we want to get into to 24, so thanks for the suggestion. I am excited to get into something good.
Hey Jess!!
Suazy had so much fun with you and loved your house. She said it reminds her of a spa. I wish I could have come out. I am planning a cruise for this fall for all of us girls and hubby's to go on. I am going to send out an email soon with the details.
Good job with going hiking! I love hiking. Jordy and I are going this summer to Havasupai Pie in Arizona and doing a week backpacking trip. You and Ben should come. You hike to an oasis with the most beautiful water falls. :)
Love ya!
Nat
PS… I want to squeeze Logan’s cheeks in that last picture!
It was fun to see Suz--nothing beats life-long friends!
I, still, cannot believe you went hiking--I am totally impressed. You are a good mom and wife to do it! LIttle, Logan loves outside more then any other baby I have met so, I guess, you will have to get used to the outdoors :)!
Love you.
Cute Suzy! How fun, I love having friends visit, you really can just talk and talk. You guys have always been the cutest friends and just so entertaining! I LOVE the pic of Logan at the mall in the car!! And I am jealous that you enjoy basketball so much, that would make my life a whole lot easier if I actually enjoyed watching a game!
A memory that comes to mind (which me and Suz talk about often) the first night I met you guys? You offered me marshmellows and thought I was dating Spencer S.? So funny to think about that!
So the reason for comment #2 is that I have tagged you AGAIN, and this one should be easier for you to do! No excuses!
Yay! I love that you and Suzy got to party. How fun! What cute hiking pictures. It looks like so much fun. Love you guys.
How fun that you guys get to do things like that together. I am not the hiking type either...I am already dreading the trek coming up in July. I don't know if I can actually do it.
Post a Comment