Sunday, March 9, 2008

Our Little Clapper


PS: Please try to tune out my hoarse, sick voice:)

This Friday, we went to the Suns vs. Jazz game (AKA the Jess vs. Ben game). I know I am a disloyal, ex-Jazz fan, but ever since John Stockton and Karl Malone left the team I have never felt the same about the Utah Jazz. I, along with my sisters, was a die-hard Jazz fan growing up. We would cry when they would lose and Jen would even get grounded from watching Jazz games because it would upset her too much if they lost.

After High school I kind of lost touch with NBA basketball and was really caught up in school, etc. But, as soon as I moved to AZ in 2005, my love for the game was rekindled. I love the Suns! Steve Nash is my John Stockton and Amare Stoudemire is my Karl Malone! Unfortunately, my husband is a loyal Jazz fan so going to this game was a true battle...and my team lost:(

It was a great game and I think that the Suns are just starting to figure out how they are going to play now that Shaq is on the team. Anyway, we had a good time and we were loving the 80 year old lady sitting next to us yelling "defense" as loud as she could every single time the Jazz had the ball:)

Ben was so proud of his Utah Jazz (and he wouldn't let me forget it)!

13 comments:

The Bonham Family said...

Jess- He's getting so big! I love his little chunky hands clapping that was so cute! Before you know it he will be up and running around. Looks like you guys had a nice date night at the game! I love going to a basketball game, It's fun especially if there is a battle like that! Makes for more drama! You look so pretty I love your hair brown!

JR and Brynn said...

That looks super fun. JR says you better recommit yourself to the Jazz because your hubby is right and you are wrong. :) We wish we were closer to you guys and we could all go to a game together. That would be super fun. I stinking love Logan's clapping video, by the way. He is so dang chubby and darling! Oh, I was laughing at how cute he is.

Marie Holmes said...

I love the Logan video. You couldn't have asked for a cuter baby! I absolutely love babies at that age.
Matt and Jen just left. We had the greatest weekend with those boys. It was good to see them!
Well I won't tell Spence you cheered for the Suns against the Jazz. But he was definately on your side for the Spurs game. He even wore his Nash jersey.

Unknown said...

Your videos are always so fun! I love it when my kids start learning "tricks"! He is the cutest!

I love the rivalry with Ben! The game sounded like a lot of fun!

Lac said...

Oh my heck I'm so jealous you went to a basketball game. I've been trying to get Jace to get me season tickets for the Jazz all year! Looks like you guys had so much fun. It's always so great to get out and be with the husband! Why do you always look so great!? Honestly.

..::k.toms::.. said...

Jess you look BEAUTIFUL! Love your hair! You look great!
And PS- I'm a HUGE SUNS FAN so don't listen to anyone and keep lovin' them! I'm all for team Nash.
Thank you for the sweet comments on my blog! We might be taking a trip out to AZ sometime this year so I'll have to get your # from you and hopefully meet up for lunch or something!

Unknown said...

We are so proud of Logan and his milestones! He is such a cute little chub--I love him to bits!!

GO SUNS! It was a bummer that we lost, but so much fun to have an awesome team to root for. I am glad you guys got to go to the game.

Aly said...

Cute pictures of you guys Jess! For some reason the video wouldn't play for me. I will have to try it again soon. Hope you are doing well. We did buy a house, just 5 min. from Natalee. I will post details soon.
Love ya. Hope you are having a good week.
Aly

Heather said...

I love going to NBA games, it's so much fun. Your look gorgeous, I love your hair! And your boy is too cute.

Ashlie said...

I haven't been to one Jazz game this entire year!! They are doing so good, but we just haven't had a chance. Truthfully, I am not into basketball as much as football, but if they are doing good then I am down for a game or two. The picture of you both at the game was darling and of course Logan clapping was adorable. Love ya Jess!

Lindsey Harman said...

Logan is so cute! It's fun to see what's up ahead. I love hearing mom's and dad's talk to their kids too. I think it's cute. Sick voice and all! :)

The Thurber's said...

That is a cute little video you put together! Gosh he is growing so fast. I helped Annette find your blog again, so she has been checking it out (FYI)
I am loving ANTM!! I like Claire but Fatima is mean. I love the drama!

Unknown said...

Hey, I put Erica's email address on my blog (tons of people have been asking), she said it would be okay for people to email her about doing blog layouts and stuff. So if you want to email her I will probably leave her email address on my blog for about a week!