Monday, February 3, 2014

The Beginning of February...

Is always a reminder of my sweet mother. I think about her each and every day and have not stopped since the day she passed away 18 years ago, but Feb 3rd always makes my heart sink. It still catches me off guard that she is gone even after all of these years. But, she isn't really "gone" because she is always with me watching me and helping me along my journey of life. I strive each and every day to be half of the amazing mother that she was to me. She was my best friend, example, teacher, and the person I looked up to more than anyone. I adored her. She still is all of those things to me and I pray that I may be those things to my children. I know I fall short almost every day, but I will never stop trying.

I am SO thankful for the knowledge I have that we will be together again someday for eternity. The Atonement brings so much comfort and I am beyond thankful for all that my Savior has done for me. I know that I was meant to have this trial in my life and that it has shaped the person I am today and has helped me face many other trials with courage. I love and miss my mom so much and am looking forward to the day when my boys will officially meet their Grandma Joyce that they have heard so much about.
"All that I am or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother."
-Abraham Lincoln

No comments: