Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Tubes for Beau Beau!

This has been a long awaited day...time for TUBES!!! Beau so badly needs them and I have been keeping my fingers crossed that he wouldn't get another infection before the surgery because I don't think I could have handled him going through another Rocephin treatment. Luckily, he made to surgery day infection free! I also, was dreading this day because we had to arrive at the hospital at 5:45am...ugh! He also wasn't able to eat anything so I am almost guaranteed to be dealing with a very grumpy baby that I have to wake up, starve, and torture all morning...so sorry Beau Beau:( Thank goodness this procedure will be life changing for my little guy so we can put up with the early morning torture for a few hours. 






 Beau was actually in great spirits considering they didn't take him back to the OR until 9am!!! His surgery was supposed to be at 7:45...are you kidding me?!? There was only so many times I could go around the pre-op area with Beau in the wagon before I thought I was going to go crazy! Normally, I wouldn't be bothered by this too much and actually Beau fell asleep in my arms, which was an unexpected and much welcomed surprise, but Jen was getting induced at the same exact time and about to have her baby! I was soooo anxious that I was going to miss it and super frustrated that they were running so behind! Having near to no cell service didn't help the situation at all...I about blew my lid! 
Thankfully, Beau's surgery went very fast and very well! He was sound asleep when they wheeled him to the OR (I could not believe that he didn't wake up when I laid him on the bed...so tired of waiting:)) and 10 minutes later the surgery was done! He was inconsolable when I met him in the post-op room, which is a usual reaction for baby's to have when coming out of anesthesia, but sooooo sad:( I felt helpless, but after about 5 minutes he calmed down, which was a lot quicker than it took Daners...phew! The doctor said that he had a TON of fluid in his ears that will continue to drain through out the day. He also said that we need to talk quietly around him for awhile because he can now hear really well and will get startled by all of the loud noises...poor guy has had partial hearing for who knows how long:( He slept most of the day, but was in good spirits. Since the surgery, he has been babbling sooo much more (because he can now hear!) and is cruising a ton (because he can now balance now that he has all of that fluid out of his middle ear)! He is a new baby! Thank goodness for tubes!:)

No comments: