Saturday, January 12, 2008

"Ampa's" Surprise Visit!



We love it when "Ampa" has business in AZ because he will call us as he is about to get on the plane and before we know it he is in our living room sharing his latest news/stories, taking the boys to the park, and watching the Military channel! Usually, his surprise visits last about 24 hours if we are lucky, but we love every minute we can get with him! We love you "Ampa"/dad!

12 comments:

The Bonham Family said...

Jess- That is a sweet suprise! How nice that he can still take them to the park! It's fun to see the bond that boy's have with their grandpa's! Jenn's boy's are so cute! Your dad is such an awesome guy. Im glad you got to see him.

Unknown said...

What a great surprise! That is the best! I always wish I could see my family more often.

Unknown said...

I love it when Dad comes to town too! We are lucky that he keeps getting work here--I feel like we get to see him pretty often!

Great pic--will you email it to me?

JR and Brynn said...

I am so jealous that you are by your sis. That is so awesome! What a great picture. I am sure the boys all have a great time together. How sweet!

Lac said...

It's so great that you have such an amazing relationship with your Dad. I just absolutely adore my Pappy! As to your comment on my blog, holy crap i can't believe I have a 7 year old either. It makes me feel old! But once they start getting older, it's a whole different love. I mean it's everything there was before and then all this new stuff. It's just unreal. i love being a mom so much. Your little man is getting so big, I can't wait to meet him. Anyway- have a great week.

Lacie

Anonymous said...

Awwwwe That is too cute. Surprises are so fun :) What a cute dad!

Suz

The Thurber's said...

You guys have a fun family!

Anonymous said...

Jess-
I saw that you were interested in teaching Logan how to sign. We taught London and I think it's the greatest thing ever! I'm sure you already know, but I swear by the "Baby Signing Time" videos and manuals. A good friend introduced me, so I thought I'd pass the info along!

Ashlie said...

Logal looks so professional in this picture. The other two are doing these cute silly faces and Logan is all professional like you are taking a family portrait. What a cute little guy! I miss your dad! He was such a great guy and father to the three of you. ~ Ash

The Ottosen Family said...

I have to tell you... I had a dream about you last night. The only part I can remember us meeting up and catching up! Crazy... I was just looking at your blog and it reminded me.
That is so fun to be able to spend time with your dad like that. I love the "ampa".
Natalie

Aly said...

I think it's so cute that you guys call him Ampa. That is adorable. How cute that what the kids call them first it sticks. I love it. How fun to get surprise visits. I hope that you are having a good week. I love looking at your blog.

Shandi Brown said...

Jess-
I miss the good old cheer days with you guys! I also would love to be able to dance, too bad we have to grow up:) That is so neat your sister teaches, she must be amazing. That is such a darling picture with your dad and the boys!