Sunday, January 27, 2008

President Gordon B. Hinckley


The 15th President of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, Gordon B. Hinckley, passed away today. We love and will miss our Prophet, but we know he is in a much happier place with his sweet wife Marjorie. He no longer will be "the last leaf on the tree."

8 comments:

Lac said...

It's such a sad thing and a happy thing all at the same time. He's accomplished so much during his time as the Prophet, more than anyone else save be Joseph Smith. I was incredibly overwhelmed about the whole thing last night. It's something that I think we all felt was coming soon, but no matter what we knew it doesn't make it any easier. I'm happy that he'll be reunited with his wife who he adored so much.

Bonham family said...

Jess- Can you imagine how happy he was to meet with his wife! The joy and excitment he must have felt. Not only that but to be in such a state of joy! He was an incredible man. What a day of sadness and happiness all in one! Thanks for your post. Love ya JEN

Shandi Brown said...

I love your post, it is such mixed emotions. I am so happy he is with his wife.
Those pics of your baby are so cute!! and I am so jealous of the weather, we are in a snow storm right now, so I am just going to stay in today.
You also have the most beautiful girls in your fam! Sisters are so fun.
Jordan is Jackson's youngest brother who is a sophomore paying for Alta's varsity team along with Taylor who is a senior. So both of his little brother's playing on the same team is fun. But, its so weird to have both Jackson and I cheering for the Hawks!

Shandi Brown said...

Oh, and by the way, I tagged you, so check out my blog for the questions:)

The Thurber's said...

It is a bittersweet loss. I will miss him but I'm happy he is finally where he wants to be. I look forward to the next prophet; to see what he will do for the world.

The Ottosen Family said...

I am soooo sick of the snow (and cold)! I really hope the hole Vegas things pans out for us. I want to move so badly! I want to be in the warm.
I'm going to do the ANTM thing... I'll keep you all posted!

..::k.toms::.. said...

Love that you dedicated a post to him.
It truly is a bittersweet time. So happy that he is reunited with his wife, but sad that we won't get to see him wave his cane come April.
Thanks for the touching post.

Anonymous said...

I am serving a mission in Puerto Rico and hearing the news of his death was bittersweet for me because he signed my mission call commisioning me to do the Lords work. I know that he is now with his wonderful wife, looking down on me and all the other missionaries with pride, knowing that, even though he isn't here anymore, we still are, telling everyone that there are prophets like him on the earth today.
President Hinckley truly was a prophet called of God. I am grateful for all that he has done on the earth and will continue to do in the spirit world.

-Hermana Katie Bryner