Saturday, December 1, 2007
Happy Birthday Dad!!!
Where to start about my dad...next to my husband, he is the most incredible man I have ever known. Not only is he my dad, but also my friend, confidant, role model, and even my mom (at least in this life)! I will never forget what he said just moments after my mom passed away, "This is the first chapter of our new lives." He didn't just say that, but he lived it and transformed into a new person (not that the old one was bad, just different). He took on the hefty job of not only being a father of three girls, but being our mother as well. He was and still is the ultimate "Mr. Mom"! He also made it possible for our family to be sealed for all time and eternity, which meant the world to all of us! I am thankful that my dad was able to hold us all together through the tragedy of losing our mom and we are a much closer family having gone through this experience.
I also admire my dad for the intellectual giant that he is. He has and always will inspire me to never stop learning and expanding my knowledge. He has a photographic memory and is one of the smartest men I have ever known. His knowledge of the Gospel, history, politics, chemistry...you name it, he has studied it and is ready to spout off facts and figures at anytime! In fact, when he visits us in AZ he spends that majority of his time with his grandsons playing in the orange grove and hunting for ants/etc. and watching the ever dreaded Military channel! He refuses to get cable at home, so when he visits it is a special treat and he can't get enough of all of the "geek" channels: Military, Discovery, History, National Geographic, etc, etc.
My dad is also the "bestest Ampa" in all the world! He adores "his boys" Wade, Seth, and Logan. They go on a number of adventures together and my dad really enjoys re-living his mischievous boyhood through them. Logan is still a little small to really participate in the fun, but he is perfectly content with "Ampa" holding and loving him. They all just light up when "Ampa" comes through the door!
He is an incredible dad and I am so thankful to be his daughter forever! I always look forward to our long/deep conversations and love teasing him about all of his little quirks. He was the first man that I fell in love with and will always hold very special place in my heart. I love you dad and hope that you have a very wonderful Birthday!
PS: Thank you Paula for being such a wonderful wife and for keeping my dad on track all of these years!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


12 comments:
That was really awesome! I LOVED the slide show--it still amazes me how much dad and I look alike.
Your words were incredible and perfect. Dad should feel very loved today ;)!
WOW amazing job Ce in capturing the essence of Dad in pictures and words... and of course song! We are sooooooooooooo lucky to have such a wonderful Dad. Thanks for doing this blog, it has definitely brought a tear to my eye in more ways than one... first, tears of joy because I love Dad so much and second, tears of sadness for the few pics that remind me of my awful gawky middle school days...eek!
Love you,
Ju
Jess- Those are precious pictures! So true on dad's are'nt we glad we have them such a big part in our lives. We all sure wish you could have come on Sat but I know Kelly said she wanted to do a dinner at her house on a date that worked for you, so let us know so we can put it together. Jen
First off-
This was such and amazing tribute to your father. I love my dad and it's so nice to see the bond that other girls share with their dads! You have such a huge heart Jess and I love that you blog about what's in your heart for the people you care about.
We sure missed you on Saturday but hopefully I'll get to see you when you come into town!
Awwwwe- this is so precious. I love your dad too. Sometimes I felt like I was the fourth daughter :) Thanks for sharing your dad with me! We've got two of the best dad's on this earth!!
Suz
Okay...so I am crying at work right now. Your cute blog made me cry. The lady next to me asked me if I was okay and I could barely get the words out. I don't know if I could ever be as strong as you have been throughout the years. You truly are an inspiration to me. When my mom got cancer, I thought it was the end of the world...but then I had to remember what doesn't kill me makes me stronger. Love you Jess!
I think it's so great the relationship you have with your Dad. You've been though so much and you're so amazing. That was a really great tribute to him. Like Ash said, I'm crying because of how much you love your Dad!
Lacie
Hey Jessica,
Those were some beautiful words about your dad. I am sure he is so proud of you and Jen. You are amazing friends and sisters...I know a parent only hopes their kids get along so well and are close.
Just a side note, I think your Ward (YM/YW)will be having the opportunity to go to the Randolph Center this month (our stake has this entire month). If at all possible, you should definately not miss it! It was truly amazing and I can't think of a better way to serve people, especially during Christmas time. Your youth will grow so much from it. So really encourage them to go!!
Angie
Hi Jessica! It's Brooke (Rasmussen)...thanks for the cute post. Your little boy Logan is adorable and I love your blog. It's so fun to see what everyone is up to. I noticed on here that you like Young and the Restless....I LOVE Young and the Restless, I serioulsy have watched it since I was 9! I have the Soap channel and I try to keep up on it as much as I can! Anyways, it was good to hear from you. I hope you and your sisters are all doing well!
Jess.. What a sweet tribute you did for your Dad! That was one of the nicest things I have ever read. He is lucky to have you for a daughter.
Jess,
I don't know if you remember me or not, but we went to the same middle school. How are you? That was a lovely tribute to your dad. You have a beautiful family!
Natalie
it was good i like the pics of Logan. i want you to know that i signed up just to respond to your amazing blog.
Post a Comment