Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Welcome Baby Reid!!!


Say hello to our little Reid Benjamin Bryner!!! Born Wednesday, 7/31/13 (due date 8/2/13) at 7:24 am. He weighed 7lbs 1oz and 19 1/2in long. We could not be happier that our little guy has finally made his appearance!!!
Crying with joy!!! That moment makes it all worth it:)




 At my hoping to be last appointment (11:30 am, Tuesday, 7/30/13), my doctor stripped my membranes for the SECOND time! He is known for his technique (more painful than any part of actual labor!) and has a very high success rate at putting his patients into labor. The second time definitely did the trick!!! But, it took a while after my appointment for the contractions to become more consistent and stronger. I actually met up with Jen and Ju for Jen's MRI appointment. Then hurried home so that I could relieve Ben from watching the boys so he could meet up with a client. I came home to a massive mess!!! The boys had torn the house apart!!! Ben obviously was really busy with work and did his best to multitask, but it was clear that the boys were really on one that day. So, after scorning about everyone, I went on a cleaning rampage which turned into stimulating very strong and consistent contractions. So, I continued on flying around the house like a crazy person, then did some Zumba on the Wii, and later ended up jumping on the tramp (quite the sight I might add) for some time. 

All of my efforts were greatly rewarded by going into full on labor! With the contractions getting closer and closer together and more painful throughout the night, at 1:30am I decided to make the call that it was time to go to the hospital ASAP! Julie was supposed to be "on call" to come over and be with our kids if anything happened in the middle of the night. But, after about 30 calls to Ju and Chris, there was no answer. The contractions were now about 4-5 minutes apart so it was time to move to plan B and call Matt before I was about to have a home birth!!! Thankfully Matt answered immediately! He actually was up and playing "Words with Friends" because he couldn't sleep...perfect!!! He was over in about 10 minutes tops and we were on our way. The drive was torturous, as you can imagine, and it took us about 30 minutes (Ben driving like a crazy person) to get there...ouch is right!

We arrived at the hospital at about 2:30am and I was in horrible pain, worse than with any of my past 3 deliveries. I was having major back labor because the baby was in an anterior position (face up) with his head pressing on the bony part of my spine. I was only at 4cm at this point! I was shocked because the pain was much worse than when I was a 7 when I was in labor with Beau! Back labor is awful! To make matters worse, I had to labor (no meds) in the OB Triage until a room was available. I was a boob and cried, but did my best to handle the pain and be brave. About 30 minutes had passed (felt like an eternity!!!) and I was taken to my delivery room. 

I had the sweetest nurse and she was so great at helping me get through my contractions (Ben was trying too) until the anesthesiologist could get there. The nurse woke him up to page him to our room. I felt bad but not too bad after the nurse informed us that he will make $2500.00 in the next 10 minutes of work. I know he has worked very hard through years and years of schooling and definitely deserves that monetary reward, but he was very grumpy and half asleep when we came in. He mumbled a bunch of info, risks, etc. while I was busy laboring and he did his thing. With my epidural with Beau, I was in a complete pain free zone in about 15 minutes. This epidural was much different, mainly because of the baby's anterior position and my rapid progression making it hard to allow time for the anesthesia to penetrate the affected nerves. The nurse said that this happens often to moms who have had multiple deliveries...great! After a lot of re-positioning, using a peanut pillow between my legs, and multiple bolus doses of narcotics, I was finally in a pain free zone when I was at about an 8 almost 9. I was so relieved that it started to work completely. In no way did I want to feel this baby ripping through! Sorry to be so graphic, but the contractions were horrible enough as it is! Hats off to mothers that do it natural...I don't know how they do it. I am a big baby, but if I am going to have that huge needle go into my spine, I expect to feel no pain. Luckily that was achieved, literally minutes before delivery! My final stage of delivery started and ended in about 15 minutes. I only had to push twice and our sweet little Reid made his big debut at 7:24am!!! All of the pain was definitely worth bringing this tiny angel into the world safe and sound! He was perfect and beautiful! He had no complications whatsoever...phew!








 We feel so incredibly blessed and thankful that we have 4 healthy boys. Something that we don't take for granted. Each and every one truly is a gift from our Heavenly Father. We could not be more grateful and honored to fulfill the role as their parents for all time and eternity. The delivery experience is always worrisome, but when that baby is placed in my arms, so fresh through the veil as if he came straight from my mom's arms, it feels like heaven on earth. Truly amazing. We are ecstatic that our sweet little Reidy Roo is here!!!

No comments: