About a week into Jen's radiation, she decided she was going to run a half marathon. Many people felt inspired by Jen's determination to run this great distance only a couple months after finishing radiation and only 6 months post brain surgery! She was bound and determined despite how hard it was to train. Ben, Matt, and many of her friends ran in support of her and all wore "Team Jen" shirts that also said, "No body fights alone." I wanted to run too, but since I am pregnant, I was happy to be a cheer leader and witness this remarkable event!
Jen pranced across the finish line with a skip in her step and without a drop off sweat on her brow! She made it look soooo easy!!! She ran it in about 2 hours and 10 min, which is soooo AMAZING!!! The sight of her running brought tears to my eyes. She has come so far and has been through so much since her diagnosis. I am so incredibly proud of her and inspired by her physical and spiritual strength every day!
Way to go Benny! He did an amazing job considering he only ran 3 times before the race. In true Benny fashion, he didn't train, but managed to pull through:) I am proud of Benny for being willing to do this to support Jen despite his lack of training. I am very proud of my sweet hubby:)
I love my sister so much and am so proud of her:)
Jen smoked these guys! They all came in around 2 hours and 30 minutes, which is also amazing!Great job guys!!! I have major respect for anyone willing to run anything over 5 miles!
It was fun to be the cheer leader with our boys. Maybe next time I will be running with Jen too. Congrats Jen, Matt, Benny, and all of the friends that ran as well! You are all amazing...especially Jen!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment