We were so excited to participate in the Phoenix Brain Tumor Walk in Jen's honor! We put together "Team Jen" and raised $3,545 that all went towards brain cancer research!!! The abundance of support from family and friends that so generously donated to"Team Jen" was truly astounding and brought me to tears every time I saw a new donation come in. I cannot thank all of the donators enough for their love and support of my amazing sister. At the walk, our team placed 11th of the 94
teams participating from the Phoenix Valley, which is pretty amazing considering this was our first fundraiser ever! Also, over $94,000 went to the
Brain Tumor Society that day!!! It was so amazing to feel like we were actually doing something to help bring researchers that much closer to finding a cure. It was such a wonderful experience!
Thank you so much Annette, Brent, John, Katie, and Tom for participating in the walk and donating! Also, thank you Bonnie, Tamsin, and Sam for your donations. Your love and support means so much to me and my family:)
Ju made these amazing signs! Thanks Ju! I especially loved the Tom Petty one:)
More "Team Jen" members. Thank you so much for participating!
Jen standing up front with all of the brain tumor survivors. The sight of her up there made me (Ju and Jen) bawl because I still can't believe this is happening, but also because I am so proud of her. She has already conquered so much and I know she will beat this!
and the walk begins:)
The games, food, and bouncy house after the walk were a hit with the kids!
Overall, it was such an amazing experience for the whole family:) Jen, we are here with you every step of the way until this fight is won and we will win! No one fights alone! We love you!
No comments:
Post a Comment