Saturday, May 5, 2012

Our 7th Anniversary in LA

We have been to CA many times, but never to LA (other than the airport). Also, one of my favorite bands, Coldplay, was performing at the Hollywood Bowl making LA a perfect anniversary destination! Our kids were with the Ropers Thursday morning to Saturday afternoon then Sam watched them until we got home Sunday at about noon. We are so thankful to have amazing family members who are willing to watch our kids! It makes leaving them sooo much easier because they couldn't wait for us to leave so they could play!

Our first stop...Universal Studios!
 Beetlejuice! One of my all time favorite movies!
 The Simpson's Ride

 Studio Tour:
"Back to the Future" set
 and car!
 "Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift " set
 "Jurassic Park" set
 "Bones" live set
 "Jaws" set
 Wisteria Lane from "Desperate Housewives"

 "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" set
 "Psycho" set at the Bates Motel with a freaky actor playing Norman Bates and chasing us with a knife!
 "War of the Worlds" (2005 film) set




 A Jeff Lewis (from "Flipping Out") favorite
...it didn't disappoint! 
 "Farm" was very delish!
Nokia Theater at LA Live was just blocks away from our hotel 
 We stayed at The Westin hotel, which is where many movies like "The Rain Man" have been filmed!
 "Babycakes" is a FABULOUS gluten free bakery! Benny enjoyed eating his salted caramel donut while suavely posing for another awkward restaurant pic:)
RODEO DRIVE BABY!!! 
 90210

 I was too excited to be there:)


 Me on the red carpet!
 We waited for 20 minutes, but no celebrities showed up:( The only actual celebrity that we saw the whole trip was political consultant, James Carville! I was bummed, but Ben thought it was cool:)

Coldplay time at The Hollywood Bowl...YES!!!
 Such an amazing amphitheater!
 The Hollywood sign in all of it's glory sitting on the hills right above The Hollywood Bowl
 This stub is one for the scrap book:)

 I have wanted to see them live ever since I first heard "Yellow" my senior year of high school! This very long awaited concert did not disappoint...
 Coldplay was AMAZING!!!
 I was such a dorky super fan dancing and singing along to every song! I even cried when they sang "Fix You"...it even surprised me that I was such a die hard fan! The fire works and wrist band light show (everyone at the concert was wearing them) was incredible at the climax of the song...it gave me chills like crazy!
 The coolest part was when Chris Martin covered "You Gotta Fight for Your Right to Party" by the Beastie Boys as a tribute to Adam "MCA" Yauch who died one day earlier. He sang it as a ballad...so awesome...the crowd went crazy!
 Benny being awkward again...ha ha:) This restaurant was pretty good...sooo LA!
 The Hollywood Walk of Fame!






 Twilight!
 I made Benny do that...he is not a super fan unfortunately:)

 I LOVE MJ...tear...so cool!!!
 LA skyline

Us on our dorky Celebrity Homes' Tour:) Yes, we are in that ghetto van with the top cut off:)
 The house with the blue roof was Jim Morrison's home
 Jimmy Kimmel's house

 The gate door to Elvis' house
 Katy Perry's house
 Al Pacino's house
 The store on Rodeo Dr where they filmed "Pretty Woman." The location of the classic scene where Julia Roberts is turned away and comes back with lots of $$$ saying, "Big mistake, big, huge! I have to go shopping now!"...love it!
 Our special Anniversary dinner at Cut
 We ate cow bone marrow! It was delicious! One of the best steak houses we have ever been to!
 7 wonderful years!
 I love my Benny Boo Boo Bear sooo much and am so thankful to be married to my best friend in the whole wide world for all time and eternity! Happy Anniversary Benny:)
 The Groves is the best mall ever!
 LA Temple...sooo beautiful!
 LA favorite
and the lines were proof of that! 
 Luckily the line went very fast and was well worth it!
Mmmmm! Pick your fresh warm cookie and ice cream flavor of choice...heaven! 
 After probably gaining 10 lbs, we had an amazing anniversary! Thanks again to Jen, Matt, and Sam for taking care of our kids...we love and appreciate you so much!

1 comment:

Katie Bryner said...

Happy Anniversary! Your trip looked like SO much fun!