Sunday, May 24, 2009

4 Years

This past Thursday (May 21st) was Ben and I's 4 year wedding anniversary! I can't believe that it has only been 4 years because I feel like I have known Ben my entire life! I also can't believe that we have had 2 little boys in under 2 years!!! It is crazy how much has happened and changed since the first day I met Ben in Las Vegas. He is my best friend, comfort, and support. My life has been so blessed since the day I met him and I could not imagine life without him or my sweet little boys. I am looking forward to many more anniversaries with Ben and am so thankful that we can be together as a family for eternity. I love you Ben and Happy Anniversary!

Anyway, sorry about all of the mushy stuff, to celebrate our anniversary we went to eat at this delicious Tuscan grill called Brio. It was a bit pricey, but perfect for a special occasion and VERY tasty:) It felt so weird to be out with no kids, but it was so nice to just talk (in peace and quiet) and enjoy being together, which is important and something we need to do more often.
This is right before we left on our "big date":)

Clark and Lindsay were recruited to watch the boys. We were a little nervous, seeing how this was the first time we have left Dane with a sitter, and I would like to say that all went well, but I guess Dane cried straight for over an hour!!! I was so mad that they didn't call us to come home because I cannot think of better birth control than going through a crying session like that! I am so sorry Clark and Lindsay and please still want to have children:) Sometimes 3 month olds just do that, but really it is unusual for him. He must have been over tired or just so used to the way that we do things. Anyway, I am glad it happened with family and not with one of the little young women from the ward:)

Anyway, thanks again Clark and Lindsay and we owe you one or two or three:)

7 comments:

Aly said...

Happy Anniversary! That is such a cute picture of you guys! So sweet what you wrote!

The Bonham Family said...

4 Years! Wow, it does go by so quick! That is a darling picture of you and your hubby! It's always nice to have some husband and wife time and especially with a new baby time goes by so quick without getting out for a date! Im glad you guys had a nice date night! Nicole is doing Julies shower up here soon. Are you coming up for it?

Anonymous said...

HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!!! That sounded like a fabulous QUIET evening :) I'm so happy for you two. I spent the weekend with Anthony and Reese and the only thing I wanted to do was go to a quiet refuge :) Ha - more proof on why I shouldn't have kids. And your hair is so long, again!! Looks cute either way!

Su

Anonymous said...

Congratulations on the big 4 year mark! Time flies when you are having the time of your life with your best friend. Looks like you had a great time. Scott and I need to try the no kids allowed rule for dinner once in a while too! :)

JR and Brynn said...

Congratulations!! You guys are just ahead of us...we celebrate our 4th in August. I am so glad you were able to go out and celebrate without kids. Sometimes that is so vital. Hope it was wonderful.

The Ottosen Family said...

I know this is delayed, but congratulations on 4 years... That is so exciting. You have such a beautiful family... Congrats!

crystalyn and rob said...

wow!!! 4 years and still ben has held onto you! you guys look great. at first i thought the pic was of your first date....you look amazing as ever! congrats