So here I am on my due date and NOTHING is happening! Yesterday, I had my "last" appointment only to find out that I am not dilated at all (he couldn't even strip my membranes because you have to be at least a 1 to do that) and that they will need to see me in a week. I am bummed and so tired of being pregnant. I know that I could have a C-section right now if I wanted to, actually I could have had one 3 weeks ago, but I am determined to try and have this baby naturally. However, with my body not really doing anything, I fear that a C-section is in my future.
The doctor said that on my appointment next Thursday (which I am sure I will make it to), we will discuss my options. With a VBAC, induction can be risky and most doctors are only willing to use Pitocin and not any prostaglandins (Cervidil, etc.), so hopefully I will be dilated to something by then and just need a little Pitocin to get things moving. So if nothing continues to happen this week, then it looks like something should happen next weekend whether it be induction or a C-section. They did say that I can hold off on a C-section until I am 42 weeks, but I don't know if I could last that long both physically and emotionally. I know I don't sound like it, but I am trying to stay positive.
So for now, I am trying basically every "Old Wives" remedy for stimulating labor (I know, I am desperate, but my doctor said they are worth a try). This morning I drank 2oz of Castor Oil mixed with OJ (it tasted like I was drinking vegetable oil straight up...YUCK!) and went to the gym to try and stimulate some contractions on the treadmill. I literally was running (not a pretty sight for those behind me) and was getting a lot of looks like I was crazy, but also looks of sympathy:) The treadmill did stimulate some good, painful contractions...probably my best ones yet, but as soon as I stopped so did the contractions.
After the gym, the Castor Oil kicked in and I have been pretty miserable ever since. Hopefully, some of these GI cramps will stimulate some more contractions...we'll see. I am going to try and hang in there and be patient. If anyone has advice, recommendations, stories...ANYTHING to help me cope, it would be much appreciated!!! I will keep you updated.
12 comments:
Wow, Jess! I drank castor oil with one of my pregnancies and I still hate the taste of vegetable oil...so gross. You are right, though, it's worth a try.
One of my friends walked up and down her stairs because it was 'bouncy' to try and stimulate contractions...i don't know if it worked but it sounds miserable.
Good luck and we can't wait to hear so keep us posted.
I am so sorry Jess! I can only imagine what agony you must be going through. Too bad you aren't in Utah. Supposedly Cafe Trio (yes Trio not Rio) has this garlic pizza they actually call the "pregnancy" pizza because so many women have gone into labor after eating it. Let me know and I can over night one to you. =-) I think it is awesome you are trying to have a VBAC and not getting impatient with the c-section. Obviously I haven't gone through that and don't know what I am talking about, but I think it is commendable that you are waiting. Hopefully the little guy will be tired of being scrunched in there and will want to come out soon. Another topic...do you have any advice on face wash or acne treatment while pregnant? I am in such a bad state right now and it is driving me crazy! My face has never been so bad.
I will email you Jess.. I have an idea for you!
I was SO hoping a week ago that you had the baby, but you were gone from church for a marathon. Sad. What always worked for me was being on my hands and knees and cleaning toilets and bathtubs. Worked 2 out of 4 times for me! Plus, you know..let Ben help things along. (Hopefully that isn't too embarassing to hint at on your blog!!) Good luck!
Man Jess, I can't believe how well you're hanging in! It will be so good for you mentally after this baby is born to know you were patient and held out to try a VBAC. Even if, in the end, you have a c-section, you have been a trooper and gave it a good shot. Then you won't always wonder if you should've waited it out!
Hang in! I know how miserable the end of those pregnancies are!
Love Mer
JEss- Im sure you are going nutso! I know that last part is so hard. Just know I think C-sections are greatt! I know they are alot harder recovery but not as bad as everyone says they are. Hang in there and I can't wait hear the details and see his little face. Will you e-mail me your home address, Im not sure If I have the right one. Thanks babe! mcrae3333@yahoo.com
AHH I am sooo sorry!! That last week I was so done with every one looking at me and my big belly, along with all of the great comments! I will be thinking of you and hope it all goes well and soon!
I am so sorry sister. Everyday past your due date seems like a year! Kristy's sister-in-law suggested jumping on a trampoline. That is something you haven't tried yet. Kristy has a tramp and I KNOW she wouldn't mind. Let me know.
Love you.
Oh my gosh I do NOT envy you right now. I can't believe you tried the castor oil.... you will be forever scarred. I did that, drank the entire bottle, yes the whole thing. Ever since, I can't use very many lipglosses because ironically most of them have castor oil in them. So weird but I can just smell it and it makes me dry heave! I know it is so much better to wait until the bambino is ready but Holy Moly past your due date, that's so rough. You're a good woman! I had to have Ki'sen C-section. Since I'd had all the others naturally it was hard for me. But Jenny was always a champ at the C Section. Hang in there, I'm sure you'll stimulate some good contractions. We'll all be praying for you, I hope that whenever the time comes that it goes smoothly and that baby comes out healthy. Love you jess
Thanks for the info Jess on the skin treatment. I found the Dermalogica stuff on line. Where do you get the Purpose face moisturizer? I haven't heard of that before. I assume the benzoil peroxide is just in the face stuff at the grocery store right? Hope you are hanging in there. Love ya!
Jess: You make me laugh, I can picture you on the treadmill and I'm sure you looked so cute ha!! Hmmm... the only think I know of is reflexology. Supposedly there is a spot you can rub on your foot that will trigger pregnancy? I don't know, it's worth a try :) Hang in there, love you!!!
Suz
I think it's awesome that you are trying to be patient for a VBAC. I know how it feels to want to be done, so good job! If it doesn't end up how you want, you know you did your best! Good Luck! I hope you have a great delivery :) I had a nurse tell me to stay away castor oil because it gives you the runs really badly and if you do go into labor.....messy, yucky situation!!
Post a Comment