Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Meet Our New Little Arrival!!!


I am happy to say that our little guy has finally arrived!!! His name is Dane Brent Bryner. Brent is after Ben's dad and Dane is the ONLY name that both Ben and I could agree on so, we went with it. I was induced on 2/7/09 (41 weeks & 1 day...yuck, I know) and about 14 hours later (2/8/09) our little angel was born at 2:35 AM! After all of my stress, I was able to deliver a healthy 8 lbs 3 oz, 20 inch baby boy via the good old natural birth canal!
We were thrilled that the VBAC was successful especially being given only a 30% success rate by my doctor the day before my induction. Things went VERY smoothly and there was no fetal distress throughout the entire process...it was wonderful! We feel so happy and blessed to have this sweet little boy in our family. In my opinion, he looks a lot like Logan except for his dark hair.
Logan pretty much had a meltdown at the hospital when he came to meet Dane. We think that the whole experience was overwhelming to him mainly because he had never been away from Ben and I for that long and the hospital was kind of scary to him.
The first day home was another hard day for him, but I think that being off schedule and being passed around to family members was a little rough at times. Each day is getting better and he is getting more and more interested in his little brother. So far he has been calling him "D" it is so cute and he keeps giving him big kisses! I know that Logan will warm up soon, but it is just going to take some time.
Yesterday, Dane had his first doctor's appointment and all is well except that he is a little jaundiced and we need to do a little bit of home phototherapy (lying in front of a sunny window for 10-15 minutes twice a day). We also brought Logan for his 18 month appointment, which was total chaos as you might expect. Logan is in the 91% for height, 54% for weight, and 64% head circumference.
He also got a shot and was so busy and distracted that he didn't even cry for the first time! My baby Logan is not a baby anymore! He looks like such a monster compared to little Dane:)

WOW, I can't believe that I have 2 little boys! It is crazy, but I couldn't be happier!

Thank you to the Roper's, Wrights, Dad & Paula, and Clark & Lindsay for helping us so much over the past few days...we could not have done this without you! Also, thank you to all of our friends and family for all of the support!
The Bryners will be here tomorrow and we can't wait to see you! Thanks again for all of the help:)

16 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations!! I'm glad that everything went so well and that he is healthy. He's gorgeous. You are so lucky to have so much family around to help out! I love the name Dane.

Nat and Jordy said...

Congrats Jess on a healthy, beautiful baby boy! Dane is so darling! I can't wait to meet him. I am so happy that everything went well and I can't wait to hear all about it. You look amazing, as always! That is so exciting to have your family there with you. You need to come to Utah soon. Love you!!

Lac said...

Congratulations Jess! I am so happy that you were able to deliver a healthy baby. We sure had prayers going your way, as we will continue to do so the adjustment will be a smooth one! Good job girl, he sure is a cutie!

Ashlie said...

Jess I am so completely happy that everything went to well and that you got to have a VBAC like you wanted too. I knew it would turn out just the way it was supposed too. He is such a doll! Logan does look like a big boy now next to him! I hope you can come up to Utah soon so we can all see him or maybe if I am down in Arizona I will have to stop by and see you guys. Love you so much and give Logan and that cute little Dane a big kiss from me! ~ Ash

Marie Holmes said...

It worked! I can't believe it! That is so cool that you avoided the c-section! He is a beautiful baby-Congrats!
Love, The Holmes

JR and Brynn said...

Jess, I am soooooo happy for you guys!! He is perfect and beautiful. Love the name Dane, too. I am so glad everything went so well. I know how you were worried. Hope your recovery is going well too. I am sure that Logan is thrilled to be an older bro. So awesome!! Congrats!!!

The Smiths said...

Congrats! I am so glad it all went well. I love the name. Good luck!

Unknown said...

Congratulations! I am so happy that everything went so well for you guys. It took Jace a little while to get used to having another little person in the house that took mommy and daddy's attention away from him. But it didn't take long. Now they already love to play with each other! It is so great being the mother of two boys. Congratulations again!

..::k.toms::.. said...

Congratulations Jess!! He is perfect! And I'm so happy everything went smoothly. Can I just say I LOVE that name "Dane"? Good pick!
You look awesome and I hope to meet you and your boys soon!

Aly said...

He is such a beautiful baby jess! I love his name! That is darling..You look amazing for just having a baby. I am so happy that you got to have the birth experience you wanted! Congrats..You guys are a beautiful family

The Bonham Family said...

Jess- Im so happy all went well! He is beautiful and am so thrilled for the new addition to the family! Congratulations and I can't wait to meet him. Take care of yourself and rest lots!

Anonymous said...

He is just BEAUTIFUL!!! I am so happy that your VBAC was a success, I know how much you wanted to deliver that way and how worried you were. I am so sad that we aren't there to hold him and snuggle him. That will be so weird to think of us having 2 kids too! What a different but fun experience that will be. Congratulations again! How wonderful. :)

Anonymous said...

Jess! He is beautiful! Congratulations..... I can't wait to meet Dane! I can't believe how big Logan is, wow!This was so touching to read, I'm so happy for you and your family :)

Love you!!

Suzy

Heather said...

What a beautiful little boy!! Congratulations! I am so glad you got what you wanted ;) It's pretty awesome huh? I am so happy for you guys. What a beautiful family you have. You'll have to let me know what life with 2 is like!

Unknown said...

I am so proud of you Jess (and Ben!) You did it and now you have a healthy, sweet baby boy.

I love you guys. Hang in there, little Log!

GlemserFamily said...

Congrats!! Dane is a beautiful baby!! I'm glad everything went well with the delivery too. Ü Can't wait to see him in person!