Sunday, June 8, 2008

Our little Bear Grylls


Last Tuesday, I was at a church meeting and Ben was home with Logan. Nothing unusual, until I received a call from Ben. Between laughs, he said that he me had something to tell me about Logan. I guess, Ben was at the computer and Logan was trolling around the house, when Ben heard the all too familiar sound of Logan gnawing on something he shouldn't have in his mouth. As usual, Ben had a hard time sticking his finger in Logan's mouth to pull out the foreign object. Finally, Logan cracked open his mouth and Ben was able to quickly scoop out the item. To his amusement/horror, a gigantic COCKROACH lay in his hand!!! It was about 1.5 inches long and worst of all...it was still alive!!! Ben quickly gave Logan water and snacks to cleanse his palate so that he wouldn't have cockroach breath (brilliant, I know). Then he put the disgusting cockroach out of its misery.
We know that Logan is already showing signs of being the "outdoorsy" type like his dad, but eating bugs already...YUCK! After chastising Ben for not watching Logan well enough, I made him promise that he would call the Pest Control guy immediately! I can't believe that Logan put that in his mouth, but it is one of those stories that you will never forget and one that Logan will love to hear when he gets older:)

12 comments:

JR and Brynn said...

OH MY GOSH!!!! JR and I are laughing and gagging and wincing at the same time. I hate cockroaches worse than ANYTHING! That is soooo horrible. I would absolutely freak out. You two are so good and mellow. Hilarious. Logan is definately one wild man.

The Thurber's said...

I think it is hillarious! I love that story.

The Smiths said...

That is too funny!! I just can't believe he caught the thing, they are so fast! He's got skills!

..::k.toms::.. said...

TOO FUNNY!
You know, I did the EXACT same thing when I was a baby! We lived in Guyana (South America) and cockroaches were everywhere. Needless to say, my mom wasn't paying attention to me until she saw me eating the bug.
And I love Bear! Little Logan is a brave one!

Unknown said...

Oh yuck!! Little boys put the most disgusting things in their mouths. When Noah was crawling he would follow bugs around outside and try to catch them and eat them.

This is definitely a story to remember! At least Ben caught it before Logan swallowed it (shiver).

Lac said...

Oh my gosh that is so gross! At least we know that if he was ever to be on survivor, or Tila Tequila, he'd pass the weird eating challenges with flying colors! He's so cute!

Unknown said...

That story is STILL funny even though I have, now, heard it like a hundred times! We are really going to have to get used to the idea of camping, hiking, etc....love you!

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh! Cockroaches freak me out! They are so disgusting. I am glad Ben got to Logan before he swallowed it!

See you Friday. I will call you with specifics.

Bekah

Heather said...

Eeeeewww!I would have totally lost it. I cannot handle creepy crawly things of any kind! That is pretty dang funny but SO sick :) Little boys!! Glad to hear that he didn't eat it!

The Bonham Family said...

SO disgusting! But he was probally just oblivious to what he was eating! How funny. James one time had a sister missionary and they were eating at members home and one ended up in her mouth and it was an insult to the Afericians so instead of spitting it out she choose to swallow it! Yuck I of all people understand all sorts of things getting into your home!

Nat and Jordy said...

Ahhhh!!! That just made my tummy turn. Logan is alreay all boy!

GlemserFamily said...

OH.MY.WORD. That is the grossest thing I have EVER heard. To think I was grossed out when Cory was little and I found 1/2 of a roly-poly in his mouth. Cockroach is WAY worse. (gag!)