Sunday, December 9, 2007

An Eventful Week


This week we had Ben's brother, Tom, visiting us from Logan, UT. He wanted to come and spend some quality time with us before he takes off to the mission field. He will be serving in Indianapolis, IN and leaves for the MTC December 19th.

Tom went to work with Ben almost everyday and they also went miniature golfing and bowling. Tom is such a good kid and a great example to us all. We really enjoyed having him here and we are going to miss him, but we are so glad that he has chosen to serve the Lord.

Also, this week we went with the Ropers to the Mesa Temple to see the lights. Unfortunately, it was raining pretty bad and was cold (60 is cold to us now...I know we are going to be shocked when we go back to UT for Christmas)!
Despite the weather, we were determined to go and I am glad we did. Logan was mesmerized by the lights...he loved it! Wade and Seth had fun too running around like maniacs in the rain! We also went into the Visitor's Center to check out all of the Christmas displays and Seth was so amazed with the enormous Jesus statue. He kept running around with both arms in the air yelling, "It's Jesus, it's Jesus!" I think that it is so neat that a little two-year-old could recognize Jesus so easily and be so happy to see him. It was like he already knows who He is. Props to Jen and Matt for their wonderful example of how we need to teach our children who Jesus is and what he did from the day they are born. I could feel the spirit so strong through Seth's excitement over the Jesus statue and the Sister Missionary said that she has never seen that kind of response from a little kid before. We all were touched.
I love the temple grounds and it made me excited to visit the Salt Lake Temple when we get into town. The Mesa Temple was decorated beautifully, but nothing beats the SLC Temple at Christmas. We were going to end the night with breakfast for dinner at IHOP, but that plan fell through when as soon as we were seated all three of the kids started screaming/crying! Oh well, it was still a fun Christmas activity and one that we would like to do every year!

Last, but not least, Logan has finally achieved what he has been working on for the past few weeks...he finally cut his first tooth!!!
I am happy to say that all of the gnawing, slobbering, and biting has finally paid off...at least for the time being! He also experienced another "first" this week.
He met Santa at the ward party! I had to work, so I missed it, but Ben said that he loved him!


He also has been working on, but not yet conquered, sitting up on his own. He can balance for about 2 minutes or so and then he goes crashing down. It is so fun to watch him go through all of these little milestones and before we know it he will be driving, going to college, and even getting married!!! Well, I guess I have a while before I have to worry about those things, but I can't believe how fast he is growing! Anyway, we had a good week and we are so excited to come to UT this week and see our family and friends!

12 comments:

Unknown said...

Busy as bee's! It was a good week. I should just refer readers of my blog to yours--you did such a better job explaining my kids at the Temple--thanks!!

Logan is such a cute boy! We love him to bits! I can't believe he is about to sit up! I am also glad he liked Santa--relish in it--that probably won't be the case next year!

Love you!

Unknown said...

Hey Jess! It's Ariane! I've been peeking at your blog for a while now, hope you don't mind! Your little boy is adorable! Your dad must be having the best time with all his grandsons! Sitting up and cutting teeth - it is so fun when your kids start to hit their milestones!

Lac said...

Jess I can't wait to see you, it's too bad we don't have a girls party including kids every now and then. It would be really funny to get everyone with their kids together. I'd like to be able to see them in person! Anyway- love seeing your cute little family, look how big Logan is getting, sitting up and everything. It's so much fun to be a Mom. We get pleasures out of the simple, the disgusting, just really random things huh!

Lacie

Anonymous said...

Hi Jess- I can't believe how fast Logan is coming along. He looks so cute in that beanie. Get ready for the COLD, the high tomorrow is 27 degrees! Can't wait to see you guys :)

Suzy

Marie Holmes said...

Hey Jess! Thanks for visiting my blog. I still have a lot of improvements to make! I love the cute pictures of your darling boy. He really looks like a sweetheart! I love this blogging and how it allows us all to stay in touch. Happy Holidays!
Love, Marie (or Mer)

Anonymous said...

Nice Christmas music selection. I've been listening to it at work :) Christmas Cannon is my favorite.

Suz

The Ottosen Family said...

Last time I saw you was 7th grade... Isn't that crazy??? I have to laugh about that birthday party... I hardly remember it.
When I was with the girls the other night, Ashlie had made mention about the party, sleepover and the Cranberries CD. That is so funny. I believe we had a great time!
I will be there on the 22nd... So, I will see you then! You look great.
Love, Nat

The Thurber's said...

I'm glad Tom had a chance to hang out with you guys last week...my girls are going to miss him, so much!
So, ANTM season finale--I am voting for Jenna, I think.
I guess we will see you, this weekend at Tom's farewell!
Love,
Alice

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

it was amazing thanks for letting me stay at your house for a while and feeding me food. i wrote something about Logan in your dads section because this blogging stuff is clueless to me ??????????????????

JR and Brynn said...

Logan's first picture with Santa...How fun! I love it! What a magical time of year to have children, huh? It is so amazing. I hope to see you when you are in town. Love

JR and Brynn said...

Hey you guys. I wanted to let you know that we got your darling Christmas card. THanks so much. It is so cute. We hung it on our fridge.