Sunday, September 9, 2012

How Can Beau Already be 18 Months!?!

Seriously, I am having a REALLY hard time wrapping my mind around the fact that my baby is 18 months and I am not pregnant again! This is a first! We decided to wait longer this time to give ourselves a moment to breathe, but I must admit as crazy as it sounds, I feel VERY weird waiting this long! I know that the time we are waiting is considered short to most sane people, but I am a creature of habit and this is out of my routine. We won't be waiting much longer, even though life seems so crazy and abnormal now with Jen's cancer, we still feel the answer to our prayers is that "it's time" regardless of everything else going on. However, this break between babies has given us invaluable time to gush over baby Beau Beau more than ever! Beau Bugs is such a joyful, sweet-natured, silly goose! We so adore him and are loving every minute of watching him grow and discover the world.
Now that Beau Bugs is 18 months, we is able to go to the long awaited NURSERY!!! YES! As sweet as he is, he is a terror at church! Sacrament meeting brings out the crazy in our little guy and we are thankful that he    is able to burn off some energy in nursery. On his first day, he ran into nursery with glee and never turned back! He LOVED it! Ben and I kept peeking through the window waiting for him to cry, but he was having a ball! The second time didn't go as well, but with his lovey blankie in tow and there for a comfort cuddle whenever needed, he made it through with just a couple tears:) Now he is a nursery pro and thank goodness! We were ready for a much needed 2 hour break after manning the 3 VERY busy boys in sacrament!
Beau Beau is still very much in love with his binkie and blankie. We will be hopefully getting rid of the binkie in the next month or so, but I foresee Beau Bugs cuddling with his blankie at college:) He also loves to dance! Anytime he hears music, he busts out the moves and giggles with glee! He also loves: playing outside, apple sauce, fries, green beans, tomato soup, rolls, dipping anything in any kind of sauce especially ketchup, still loves rice cereal, blowing kisses, watching "Mickey Mouse Clubhouse," teasing Rylee...much to my dismay...this is the Daners in him, playing with cars, reading books, singing "Rock-a-Bye Your Bear" and doing the actions, water and milk...no juice, blowing kisses, being crazy silly with brothers and cousins. Favorite word is "mine" just like the seagulls on "Finding Nemo." He is such a boy through and through!
Beau Beau was a dream delivery, a dream baby, and is a SPUNKY toddler! He is so dang sweet, but definitely is getting that Daner's flare! He really is such a mix of Logan and Dane, but unique and so special in  his own way. We adore this little guy so much and love to watch him be silly and watch him sleep. He is getting SO big and is SO sweet and adorable! As baby hungry as I may be getting, I am cherishing every minute of my baby even though he is now almost out of the baby days. He will always be my baby just like Dane and Logan will be as well. We so love our Beau Bugs!!!

Here are his 18 month appointment stats:

  • Weight: 22.5 lbs (26%)...he is my skinny, dainty baby boy:)
  • Height: 32 in (65%)
  • Head: 19 in (58%)

No comments: