Friday, May 7, 2010

Ragnar Relay LA

A few weeks ago (April 23-24th), Ben and I participated in our second Ragnar Relay race. This time it was in LA. We started at Ventura and ended at Dana Point. The total course was a little over 200 miles which was spilt among 12 team members running three legs each in about 24 hours (well it took us around 32 hours). I was on a team of 12 girls and Ben was on a team of 12 boys. I ran around a total of 15 miles and Ben about 17 miles. I felt like a had trained enough so each of my legs felt pretty good. Ben on the other hand, only ran about 3 times before the race, but he actually pulled through and did really well on some very hard legs. He actually almost got hit by a car, but luckily he was able to dodge it. Most of my legs were through industrial areas or ghettos...not really what I was expecting, but it kept me on my toes. However, running down Sunset Blvd. at 2:30 am is not something I would like to do again! There were bums and drunk people everywhere...it was pretty creepy and more than enough incentive to run as fast as I could! Luckily, I was able to run with a team member and I had my mace and cell phone in hand...we survived:) Quite the little adventure, right?






Thank you Annette and Katie for flying in to take care of our little guys...they had a blast and were so sad when you left! Also, thanks Sam for watching the boys on Sunday...you did a great job!

2 comments:

Katie Bryner said...

Good job on the race! We had SO much fun with the boys and can't wait to see you guys again soon! Tell the boys Aunt Katie says hi.

Suzy said...

omg I love seeing you run!! lol Way to go!!! that's 15 more miles more than I could go :)