We're so relieved, but we have the feeling that one of our children (future children or our sweet little Daners) will be bound to have it. The only thing that I am disappointed about Logan not having Celiac is that it would have helped his daddy to follow his diet much better and his daddy could use all of the help he can get:)
Other than that fabulous news, I do have some Well Check visit results to report:

Dane's 6 Month Appointment:
- Height: 27 in. (70%)
- Weight: 16 lbs. (28%)
- Head: 17 in. (33%)
He is such a smiley, happy baby, but if you take away something that he wants or was thinking about wanting he will snap from happy as can be to extremely angry in about 1 second flat! No one messes with D and his toys or food! I love how he sticks up for himself and will even tease Logan back by pulling his hair or stealing his Teddy (Log deserves that every now and then:)
He really is such an easy going little guy and just LOVES to smile and laugh! He also is an amazing sleeper. When it is nap or bedtime you just give him his binkie and put him in his bed and 9 times out of 10 he will fall straight to sleep. We just recently cut out his 11 pm feeding so he now sleeps from about 7pm to 7am straight!!! I love it when the magic 12 hour sleep cycle comes into play (please bless this is how all of my kids will be:).
He is getting very chunky so I don't predict crawling coming anytime soon at least not until he can build the muscle necessary to move his chubby bod around:) I just love this stage...so fun to kiss his chubby little cheeks!

Logan's 2 Year Old Appointment:
- Height: 36 in. (88%)
- Weight: 28 lbs. (51%)
- Head: 19 in. (57%)
I do have to say, however, he has started to dabble in the "TERRIBLE TWO'S" behavior just a bit. Hopefully, we can stop it before it really starts to get out of control...wishful thinking, I know:) He still is responding very well to "Time Out" and will obey us most of the time. I guess we are all learning how to do this disciplining thing together and it hasn't been too bad so far (knock on wood). We just have to stick to our word, follow through, teach him appropriate behavior, and be consistent...easier said than done!
Church is probably our most discipline failing time of the week. It is nearly impossible to keep Logan entertained all through Sacrament and we usually end up out in the hall at some point. Why is it that some kids just sit there and quietly color or play with a toy and mine doesn't? Is it because those kids have older siblings and are just following them or am I doing something wrong? It seems like we exhaust treats, sticker books, coloring, playing with cars, etc, much too fast and we don't like to make a habit of taking him out because he has to learn how to sit there and be reverent. I am sure that it is just his age and hopefully with time he will get better at sitting quietly (fingers crossed). Other than that, I think he is doing the best he can to be a good boy:)
Anyway, I am so thankful that they both are healthy and doing so well. They are such a blessing to my life and every morning I get excited to wake up to their smiling faces. I love my boys, all of my boys (Ben included) so much!
7 comments:
You have the cutest boys Jess! And MAN that Logan looks like such a big boy! He really looks tall in that picture!!
Your family pictures are so darling!! I love them. Glad your boys are healthy! they are so cute.
Such cute boys... I can't believe how big they both are. It always seem like kids grow in rapid time on blogs, it's like they're little one day and the next BAM! Huge! I think you're family is adorable and I'm glad that the results came back negative on your sons test, even if it would help the diet!!!
I absolutley love your new family pictures. Those are so cute and different. So glad the boys are doing so well and that you don't have to worry about Logan having Celiac's disease. I have heard that is pretty hard to manage. Love ya!
Jess- I am so glad the test did come back negative. Also Im laughing out loud about your church comment. Never feel alone on that one! I think they are going to put our own personal couch in the foyer for our family! Those pictures are darling! It was so fun to read an update on your boys. Love ya Jen
Healthy, happy, and handsome. Couldn't ask for anything more, huh? How blessed we all are. I am so glad for you guys.
Cute boys! I love the chair.
The training is Hal higdon. But I didn't train well, I didn't have much time, but if you don't have time, just go for it, because it will never be perfect. My first one, the farthest I had gone is 8 miles before the race. But, if you have the time I would do more than the novice schedule, just so you will be well prepared:) Hope that helps!
Post a Comment