
Over a week ago now, we went up to UT to run in the "Wasatch Back Ragar Relay." It started in Logan and ended in Park City. The total distance was 188 miles split among 12 teams members (composed of me, Ben, Jen, Matt, and friends from Jen's ward) with each person running 3 separate legs. The race is non-stop starting Friday morning and ending Saturday night! We were in two different cars of 6 and at each starting point we would drop off a runner, cheer them on, and then head to the next exchange point for the next runner to start. It was pretty exhausting, but a lot of fun! It ended up taking us about 33 hours and we came in like 469th place of 750 teams...not too bad:)
I ran a total of 13.1 miles (partly in the rain, over hills, dirt, down a steep highway, through a little town, etc.) which is quite an accomplishment for someone who has NEVER been a runner! As a child/teen asthma was always my excuse and I think fear has been my excuse as an adult. While I was pregnant with Dane I felt so fat and just wanted to run and and sweat off all of the baby weight! So, as soon as I had my little guy and waited until I was all healed up I started running, which was pretty hard at first to say the least. However, having signed up for this race kept me motivated and committed to achieving this goal, which I am happy to say I did and really enjoyed!
I want to keep running, but it is hard for me to do unless I feel like "I have to" because I a race to run or something. So, Ben and I are thinking about doing the Moab 1/2 Marathon this October, but we will see how training in this miserable heat goes:)
Thanks to the Bryners for watching our sweet little Dane and to my dad and Paula for watching Logan. We really appreciate your support and are so lucky to have you:) We love you!
4 comments:
Wow, girl - you rock. That is an awesome distance. Go you!!
I heard Ragner Relay is pretty hard! The Moab 1/2 will be a cinch to you then!
I don't know if you have talked to Suz about this, but we're doing the Provo River 1/2 in August! You should come out to run it!
Jess- THat is amazing! I am so exctied that you did that! I have always loved running but hate doing everything else, no gym, no sit up's for me! You should come up and do the 1/2 and we should get some girls to sign up for it and all do it together!
WOW! That is awesome for you and Jen, and Jen being pregnant! What a couple of superhero's! I wish we could have been there to run it with you guys. Congratulations! You guys rock!
Post a Comment